TODS FEATURED SPEAKER
ENERGY MANAGEMENT FOR THE DENTAL HYGIENIST
Ms. Kathleen Bokrossy, RDH
Session Date: Friday October 20, 2023
Session Time: 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Presenter Name: Ms. Kathleen Bokrossy, RDH
Energy is defined as available power, the capacity for vigorous activity. As dental hygienists, we are in constant vigorous activity all day long as we multi-task and juggle all aspects of life. Some activities and people are either energy drainers or energy boosters.
Do you have any energy left at the end of the day?
Creating and maintaining a work life balance is imperative in today’s world to help reduce stress and prevent burnout so that we can be present for the people who rely on us. Since most of us spend a large portion of our time at work, we need to create as energizing an environment as possible to maintain happiness, peace, and purpose.
Do you believe you can have work life balance?
Maintaining our energy is directly connected to the health of our clients and patients. Imagine a world where a large percentage of your clients show up healthy. Imagine a world where you have the tools in your hands that are in optimal condition and that you are utilizing for their intended purpose. This is a world that is possible and a world that will help us get off our daily hamster wheel and into a world that is fulfilling and engaging.
Are you ready to implement positive change in your practice?
- Identify the common causes of wear and damage to dental instruments and ultrasonic inserts and learn best practices for preventing these issues as these are energy drainers.
- Develop an understanding of the different types of ultrasonic inserts available and learn how to properly select the appropriate insert to maximize longevity of the inserts and help to organize your day.
- Discover what is new with instrument technology and how to adapt your technique to respond to this technology.
- Learn how to personalize your instrumentation kits based on your clients’ unique needs to help with organization, daily satisfaction and engagement.
- Learn strategies on how to be an effective leader to make change happen and to bring happiness, peace and purpose to your every day.
- Discover tools to help clients become empowered to take control of their own oral health so they present with less.
- Discover your energy drainers and strategies on how to deal with them.
About The Speaker
Kathleen Bokrossy, RDH has been bringing engaging energy to the dental profession for over 30 years. Kathleen is the founder and president of rdhu Inc., a KOL for Curion, Crest & Oral B, Ivoclar Vivadent and on the Editorial Committee for Oral Hygiene with the Oral Health Group. An interactive and popular presenter, Kathleen is passionate about making change happen and ensures that every program she presents will ignite a spark in the dental hygienist to implement change in their practice right away! Her vision and passion are to help ‘Transform the Dental Hygiene Experience’ for the clinician, the practice, and their patients.