Open To All Members Of The Dental Team
Presented as a Member Benefit by British Columbia Dental Association
CDHBC QAP Competency- F1, F2
Insurance audits have become a key concern for dentists in BC. The Clear on Codes course focuses on the insurance audit process, and steps dentist can take to protect themselves from being a target for audit. Aggressive billing trends and frequently misused codes are identified with emphasis on how to bill appropriately using the BCDA Suggested Fee Guide. BCDA Dr. Tim Gould and Dr. Patti-Anne Jones, Co-Directors, Member Services, will discuss the following in detail:
• Accuracy in billing for treatment performed, record-keeping and collecting the co-pay
• Appropriate use of codes and descriptors in the Suggested Fee Guide
• Steps in the audit process
• How a dentist is targeted for investigation/audit
• How to protect yourself from being audited
• Voids in record keeping resulting in increased recovery
• Aggressive billing trends and targeted codes
• Areas where BCDA can offer assistance
Dr. Patti-Anne Jones, Co-Director, Member Services, BCDA
Dr. Patti-Anne Jones received her DDS from the University of Western Ontario and MBA from Richard Ivey School of Business. She brings more than 20 years of clinical practice, as well as industry experience in marketing and business development, to the BCDA. Dr. Jones continues to practice as a GP dentist.
Dr. Tim Gould, Co-Director, Member Services, BCDA
Prior to joining the BCDA, Dr. Tim Gould practiced in solo and large group practice environments both as a general practitioner and as a periodontist. In addition, Tim has held the position of Associate Professor both full-time and part-time at the Faculty of Dentistry, University of British Columbia.