The Oral Cavity Under Acid: Identifying, Understanding & Treating Caries & Erosion
As a dentist, personal trainer and fitness nutrition specialist, Dr. Geissberger brings a unique perspective to the subjects of caries, diet and the oral environment. Through this enlightening program, Dr. Geissberger will discuss various disease conditions that plaque the entire dental population, and identify several at risk populations. The importance of oral pH will be discussed and strategies for altering an unfavorable oral environment will be outlined. Additionally, the dental team will learn progressive strategies to help their patients achieve oral balance and curb their disease processes. Nutrition and diet control will be discussed extensively. At the completion of this program, clinicians will:
• Understand the difference between a balanced oral environment and one that is susceptible to disease
• Develop strategies which can be implemented in practice to help patients achieve oral balance
• Develop a program for caries eradication that can be easily implemented into private practice
• Develop strategies to begin to discuss the oral implications of poor eating strategies and provide some tips
• Learn which materials should be used how to properly restore dentitions plagued with the effects of erosion, abrasion, GERD and bulimia
Dr. Mark Geissberger graduated from University of the Pacific in 1991 obtaining his dental degree and was elected to Omicron Kappa Upsilon as a student. He immediately returned to the school and has taught for 27 years. He later obtained a Masters of Arts in Educational Psychology from University of the Pacific. From 2000-2015 he served as Department Chair of Restorative Dentistry. Currently he is Adjunct Clinical Professor in the Department of Preventive and Restorative Dentistry at the University of the Pacific. He directed the University’s Aesthetic and Complex Care Clinic and teaches many hands-on CE courses in Restorative Dentistry. Dr. Geissberger has served as President of the National Chapter of Omicron Kappa. Dr Geissberger has numerous publications including a textbook entitled Esthetic Dentistry in Clinical Practice for Wiley-Blackwell. He has presented nationally and internationally giving over 400 continuing education programs. Additionally, he is a Certified Personal Trainer. He maintains a private practice focusing on reconstructive and esthetic dentistry in Greenbrae, Ca.